[squid-users] Web mail attachments page cannot display

From: web <web_at_onwestside.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:07:59 +0930

Hi, I have 500 squidnt 2.7 stable 5 appliances out at distributed offices. It is being reported to me that when connected to the local caching appliance, intermittently they are getting page cannot display messages when using webmail and adding attachments. If they point to the upstream (parent) cache, they are not experiencing the problem. What I have tried, is to put the URL for the webmail in the nocache.conf file, so it doesn't cache this information, therefore I would assume that its going direct (much the same way as if they pointed their caching appliance to upstream server). The upstream (core) squid appliance is managed outside our company, so we dont have anything to do with it, but it shouldn't matter either as it works pointing directly to it. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I could try or what I am doing wrong? I have pasted the local caching appliance config to help with identifying the problem. Thanks in advance.

http_port 8080
cache_peer proxy.xxxxxxxx parent 8080 3130 no-query default login=PASS
hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY
cache_mem 32 MB
maximum_object_size 30720 KB
cache_dir aufs d:/squid/var/cache 60000 16 256
auth_param digest children 5
auth_param digest realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param digest nonce_garbage_interval 5 minutes
auth_param digest nonce_max_duration 30 minutes
auth_param digest nonce_max_count 50
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
auth_param basic casesensitive off
refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443 563 # https, snews
acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
acl snmppublic snmp_community xxxxxxxxxx
acl snmpprivate snmp_community xxxxxxxxxx
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
acl block url_regex -i "d:/squid/var/logs/block.conf"
acl unblock url_regex -i "d:/squid/var/logs/unblock.conf"
acl nocache url_regex -i "d:/squid/var/logs/nocache.conf"
no_cache deny nocache
http_access deny block !unblock
http_access allow all
http_access deny all
http_reply_access allow all
icp_access allow all
cache_mgr webmaster
visible_hostname SquidNT.proxy.local
always_direct deny all
never_direct allow all
snmp_port 3401
snmp_access allow snmppublic
snmp_access allow snmpprivate
snmp_access deny all
snmp_incoming_address 0.0.0.0
snmp_outgoing_address 255.255.255.255
coredump_dir d:/squid/var/cache
access_log d:/squid/var/logs/access.log squid
cache_log d:/squid/var/logs/cache.log
mime_table d:/squid/var/logs/mime.conf
cache_store_log d:/squid/var/logs/store.log
redirect_program c:/Perl/bin/perl.exe d:/squid/var/logs/redirector.pl