Re: [squid-users] acl maxconn per file or url

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:33:26 +1200

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:44:27 +0800, Jeff Pang <pangj_at_arcor.de> wrote:
> Amos Jeffries:

>>> Thanks... I'll try that collapsed_forwarding thing .. but I still think
>>> that
>>> I have to make custom redirector with a database or something to track
>> each
>>> requested url per ip.
>>> Thanks again
>
> Amos,
>
> If we use a custom redirector, we know when request is coming, but how
> can we know the response for this request is finished? Thanks.

You don't.

URL re-writer sole purpose is to tell Squid whether the URL part of the
headers is to be altered before fetching or not. There is nothing else it
can do.

In order to detect length of transaction etc it would have to do the
download itself and redirect the client to some local custom location where
it stored the object.

Amos