Re: [squid-users] Https redirect?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 01:39:49 +1200

Chris Williams wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running Squid Beta 3.1 in forward proxy mode. I'd like to redirect
> certain domains to my own hosted page using an external redirector script.
>
> This work fine for http traffic, but with https my browser tells me that
> the proxy server has refused my connection.
>
> Is there any way for me to get my own page displayed here?

Depends on what error page you are seeing. If it is actually a browser
generated one, then its a browser setting to change (if even possible).

If it's a Squid one then find the ACL doing denial and alter the
appropriate response with deny_info.

With HTTPS its tricky because Squid does not naturally see the URL. What
it gets is a hostname and port to create a tunnel for client to shove
encrypted data down. The request header URL etc are inside that
encrypted portion.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1