Re: [squid-users] Gzip

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil_at_semihuman.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:18:06 -0400

There is no code in squid to "transform" content inside the cache
beyond headers. The development path for content transformation (of
which gzip compression is one of many potential examples of) is via
ICAP services (3.0 and above) and ECAP plugins (3.1).

That said, squid is 100% open source, so feel free to adapt the code
to your needs if you have the time and expertise.

-C