[squid-users] Access control : How to block a very large number of domains

From: hims92 <himanshu.singh.cse07_at_itbhu.ac.in>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:26:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
As far as I know, SquidGuard uses Berkeley DB (which is based on BTree and
Hash tables) for storing the urls and domains to be blocked. But I need to
store a huge amount of domains (about 7 millions) which are to be blocked.
Moreover, the search time to check if the domain is there in the block list,
has to be less than a microsecond.

So, Will Berkeley DB serve the purpose?

I can search for a domain using PATRICIA Trie in less than 0.1 microseconds.
So, if Berkeley Trie is not good enough, how can I use the Patricia Trie
instead of Berkeley DB in Squid to block the url.