Re: [squid-users] NTLM authentication + Administrator user

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:03:11 +1200

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:37:52 +0000, Sergio - Embalatec
<sergio.souza_at_embalatec.com.br> wrote:
> Hello, is my first post in the list, I wonder if someone already went
> through
> this problem.
>
> I'm using "Squid 2.7.STABLE3" with NTLM authentication. Windows users
> authenticate without problems, but when logged in with User
"administrator"

> can not access the Internet, is how he had managed to authenticate the
> user "administrator"
>
> How would this situation for users who are not in the field?
>
> Is that any way around this situation?
>
> below my configuration:
> auth_param ntlm program /etc/squid/squid/ntlm_auth brk/dcbrk
> auth_param ntlm children 5
> auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
> auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
>

> Thanks, any idea will be very useful!

Most times I've seen this issue is when the users are logged into the local
machine admin account instead of the domain admin account.

Which means the DC Squid uses to test the authentication has no record of
them ever logging in. One guess what the result is.

Most times this is not a serious issue, but means those users just have to
fill out a popup. Is there something in your use of ACLs which prevent that
popup appearing?

Amos