Re: [squid-users] Squid on DMZ

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:16:12 +1200

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:43:29 -0300, JoĆ£o Kuchnier
<joao.kuchnier_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for your help!
>
> I manage how to configure rules on shorewall fixing squid on DMZ:
> http://www.shorewall.net/Shorewall_Squid_Usage.html
>
> In addition of HTTP traffic loading, this extra flow interfere on
> Internet browsing speed?

Some small transfer time increase. But nothing serious unless it causes a
full bandwidth pipe.
Just be aware of it in your network design and monitoring (some graphs can
show 'huge' mysterious jump in bandwidth when its turned on).

Amos