Re: [squid-users] Squid for Windows users **Best Practice**

From: Beavis <pfunix_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:04:43 -0600

thanks for the reply amos..

I'm sorry it seems that i have not been clear on how i want to do this.

I'm not planning to put squid on windows, my plan is to get some "best
practice" from folks that have experience on using squid as a proxy
for their windows network (with AD and all).

I'm looking for some suggestions or common setup's on their squid where.

a.) squid can determine the AD user's group and give them their own
list of ACL's
b.) redundancy setup's
c.) recommended "most common" way of authenticating AD users to squid.
(NTLM, LDAP, ADS)

thanks again,
-b