Re: [squid-users] Should i enable mikrotik bandwidth sharing or leave it to Squid?

From: nyoman karna <balique8061_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:54:26 -0700 (PDT)

I never play with mikrotik,
but if your information is correct
that mikrotik is able to share idle bandwidth
than I suggest you to activate the PCQ.

Delay Pools in Squid is not (CMIIW)
a Bandwidth Management System
which can share/borrow idle bandwidth
from another class, it's simply a Traffic Shaping
which is faster, easier, and not resource dependent.

try to check the resource usage in mikrotik
(CPU, Memory, Cache, etc) and compare it
if you enable the Delay Pools in Squid.

hope it helps

Nyoman Bogi Aditya Karna
       IM Telkom