Re: [squid-users] Forget all memorized 404s

From: Markus Meyer <markus.meyer_at_koeln.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:59:07 +0200

Amos Jeffries schrieb:
>> Force a refresh (using wget, squidclient, or your browser) or set
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/negative_ttl/ to a sufficiently
>> low value and reload.
>
> The recommended value being zero.

Ok, with this the Squid would not memorize the 404s. But how can I
prevent it from invalidating cached content in case it's parents go down?
This is just a kind of rescue plan in case our backend servers have a
disaster. It happend to me twice now and I want to make sure that the
proxies are still delivering their content for the short period we need
to get the backend servers running again.

Cheers, Markus