Re: [squid-users] Getting to SQUID Content

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:30:07 +1200

ADEBAYO, FOLUSO, ATTSI wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to find where SQUID is storing the actual content of the
> message that is been sent back to the client in SQUID 2.6. I have been
> looking at the code and all I can see is the headers.
>
> Any help in the right direction will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Squid-2.6 uses a large array of 4KB memory segments allocated
individually on demand. There is no single buffer with the whole thing.

For body content manipulation/filtering you _need_ Squid-3.x methods of
ICAP/eCAP content handling.

What exactly are you trying to do with squid?
I ask because many of the limits in 2.6 have been resolved in later
releases.

If you are hacking up code for something useful please use a current
release so there is at least a moderate chance of your improvement being
accepted for permanent addition.

Amos

--
Please be using