[squid-users] Cache with different back-ends

From: Ronan Lucio <listas_at_tiper.com.br>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:33:27 -0300

Hi,

So we have an application servers cluster and I'd like to create a cache
strategy for them.

I'm thinking to install a third, lighttpd server, only for static
contents (images, CSS and JS).
The idea, here, is to save resources from application servers,
redirecting these static request (apache process, memory, CPU) to
another server, optimizing the application server resources.

I'm thinking to do it creating another sub-domain, so we would have:
www.domain.tld and images.domain.tld, where www would reside on
application servers and images on lighty servers.

My doubt is:
Once both sub-domains would point to Squid-CARP, can Squid-Proxy-Cache
Servers work with two different back-ends (www and images)?

If so, could you point me to some docs about that?

Thank you,
Ronan