Re: [squid-users] Squid3 compile option. Which features are included by default?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:26:43 +1200

(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CompilingSquid):

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-16.html

> Which of these options are included by default? For example, when I
install
> squid with apt, I get delay pools enabled by default. Is this the same
for
> installing squid from source?

The list was updated when 2.6, 2.7 and 3.0 were the current releases. None
of those options are enabled by default in all current releases (one
release may, another may not). That is just an example list.

If you look down further and find your OS listed. There is a minimal set
provided which are required for your OS to build and install properly. Some
tweaking may be permitted on some OS, but generally the required ones
should not be altered unless you are an expert on that OS.

Installing with apt you get a package where the maintainer has altered the
default build options. In that case they have enabled delay pools
themselves during the package build. To keep it simply add the option to
your own custom list of features when you build your one and make sure any
build dependencies are present for it.

Amos