Re: Fw: [squid-users] NTLM Auth and Java applets (Any update)

From: Gontzal <gontzalp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:56:43 +0200

Hi,

I've recompiled squid, now 3.0 stable 16 on a non-production opensuse
10.3 server with the --enable-http-violations option
I've added the following lines to my squid.conf file:

acl Java browser Java/1.4 Java/1.5 Java/1.6

header_access Proxy-Authenticate deny Java
header_replace Proxy-Authenticate Basic realm="XXXX"

The header tags are before the http_access tags, I don't know if it is
correct. I've also disable the option http_access allow Java

Squid runs correctly but when i check for java, it doesn't work, it
don't ask for basic auth and doesn't show the java applet page.

On the access log it shows lines like this one:

(01/Jul 12:46:01) (TCP_DENIED/407/NONE) (172.28.3.186=>172.28.129.250)
(tp.seg-social.es:443) text/html-2226bytes 1ms

I've changed the identity of my browser from firefox to java and it
browses using ntlm auth instead of asking for user/passwd

Where can be the problem?

Thanks again!