Re: [squid-users] squid becomes very slow during peak hours

From: Quin Guin <quinguin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:41:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  I am running both 2.7-STABLE6 & 3.1.0.8 versions on
more then a few servers. On avg I am pushing about 230+ TPS and at Peak
usage I don't see delays from SQUID unless you come across a content
server that is having issues or isn't cache freindly, DNS issues will
cause problems... but I can't stress enough how fast you should ditch
RAID all together and go with a JBOD and you will see a big improvement
now matter what OS you are running.

Quin