[squid-users] how to capture https transactions

From: Fulko Hew <fulko.hew_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:55:06 -0400

I'm new to squid, and I thought I could use it as a proxy to detect transactions
that don't succeed and return a page to the browser that would display
an error page that re-submitted the original request (again) say 15 seconds
later. (I want to use this to hide network and server failure from
end users at a kiosk.)

I've figured out how to do most of this for http transactions, but my
real target
uses https and when I look at the squid logs I see a transaction called
CONNECT ... DIRECT ...

and these don't seem to go through, or at the very least it seems as though
the connections are not proxied, and hence DNS resolution and connection
failures aren't captured and don't result in squid error pages returned to the
browser.

Is this actually possible, and if so... what directives should I be looking
at for the config file.

Any suggestions and/or comments are welcome.

TIA
Fulko