Re: [squid-users] wild card ssl certificate

From: Mario Remy Almeida <malmeida_at_isaaviation.ae>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:46:42 +0400

Hi Amos,

Everything is correct except the spelling of newrprgate

in openssl.cnf it is correct

mkdir create directory as newprpgate

then cd to directory newrprgate which does not exists.

so newprpgate should be newrprgate for mkdir command

//Remy

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 17:37 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Mario Remy Almeida wrote:
> > Hi Amos,
> >
> > Tired with the changed worked very well no issues
> >
> > One small change in the wiki
> >
> > in openssl.cnf
> > it is mentioned as
> >
> > dir = /usr/newrprgate/CertAuth
> >
> > but
> >
> > mkdir newprpgate; cd newrprgate
> >
> > should be mkdir newrprgate
> >
> > if possible please correct in the wiki
> >
> > //Remy
> >

> Do you mean:
>
> dir = /usr/newrprgate/CertAuth
> becomes
> dir = /usr/CertAuth
>
> and
>
> === Setup a certificate Signing Authority (if needed) ===
> cd /usr
> mkdir newprpgate; cd newrprgate
> mkdir CertAuth; cd CertAuth
> mkdir certs; mkdir private
> chmod 700 private
> echo '01' > serial
> touch index.txt
>
> becomes:
>

> === Setup a certificate Signing Authority (if needed) ===
> cd /usr
> mkdir newprpgate;
> mkdir CertAuth; cd CertAuth
> mkdir certs; mkdir private
> chmod 700 private
> echo '01' > serial
> touch index.txt
>
> ??
>
> IIRC the only funky thing I found when following those myself a long
> while ago was a missing "cd .." somewhere.
>
> Amos

Disclaimer and Confidentiality
This material has been checked for  computer viruses and although none has
been found, we cannot guarantee  that it is completely free from such problems
and do not accept any  liability for loss or damage which may be caused.
Please therefore  check any attachments for viruses before using them on your
own  equipment. If you do find a computer virus please inform us immediately
so that we may take appropriate action. This communication is intended  solely
for the addressee and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action  taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be  unlawful. The views
expressed in this message are those of the  individual sender, and may not
necessarily be that of ISA.