Re: [squid-users] Blocking an entire TLD

From: Dayo Adewunmi <contactdayo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:30:41 +0100

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Dayo Adewunmi wrote:
>> Is it possible to use noaccess.dat to block access to an entire
>> top-level domain?
>
> Yes.
>
> Now, what type of software are you using? and is it related to Squid
> in any way?
>

> Amos
I'm using 3.0.STABLE1-1ubuntu1 on an Ubuntu 8.04 server.
In /etc/squid3/squid.conf I add this line:

acl noaccess dstdomain "/etc/squid3/noaccess.dat"

and all the URLs listed (one per line) in this file become inaccessible to
users. I enter URLs in the following format:

.example.com

the result is user get an Access Denied error when trying to access
 example.com and all it's subdomains.

What I'm looking for now, is a way to block an entire TLD, e.g. one like

.cc

How would I go about doing this?

Best regards

Dayo