[squid-users] Feed protocol in squid

From: chrisw23 <chris_at_nonfatal.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:56:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

I've got a Firefox 3.5 client accessing the Internet, with its proxy
settings explicitily set to a server running Squid 3.1.

When I try to add an RSS feed via Firefox 3.5 by clicking the RSS feed icon
in the awesome bar, Firefox tries to access the following URL:

GET
feed://http//news.google.com/news?um=1&ned=us&hl=en&q=squid+invalid+url&output=rss
- NONE/- text/html

Squid returns an invalid URL error.

Does this mean Squid doesn't support RSS feeds? Or is Firefox being stupid?
Is there anything I can do to get the downloading of RSS feeds working
again? I don't want to give the clients direct access to the Internet.

Thanks,
Chris