[squid-users] Re: failed squid running up using ecap gzip adapter

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:14:52 -0600

On 07/03/2009 05:54 AM, johan firdianto wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> we are using squid 3.1.0.9
> libecap
> and vigos-ecap-gzip-adapter
> here my squid.conf
> ecap_enable on
> ecap_service gzip_service respmod_precache 0 ecap://www.vigos.com/ecap_gzip
> loadable_modules /usr/local/lib/ecap_adapter_gzip.so
> adaptation_access gzip_service allow all
>
> When i started squid -d 9, appears following error
> (squid): adapter.cc:17: virtual void
> libecap::adapter::Service::start(): Assertion `false' failed.
>
> if i disable ecap in squid.conf, squid would run up.
> any idea ?.

It looks like the adapter you are using did not implement the start()
method for its Service class. Earlier Squid versions did not call that
service method, but that was a bug. That Squid bug was fixed and now the
adapter bug is exposed.

libecap should probably declare start() as pure virtual to force
adapters to implement it, but that is unrelated to Squid.

I would recommend contacting the adapter author so that they can fix the
problem and release a new version of the adapter.

Good luck,

Alex.