Re: [squid-users] How to do a limit quota download on a Squid proxy

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:41:03 -0300

Leonardo Carneiro escreveu:
> Sorry, but why can't i use delay pools for this? Using individual
> buckets with a 100Mb size, a 0 regen rate and a 100% initial bucket
> level will not provide 100Mb of transfer at full speed and after that
> limit the speed to 0?

    well ... at least on my delay pool understandings, it's used to
limit transfer rates (bytes per second in fact) and not transfer totals.
I've never played with 0 regen rate, i dont even know what you mean by
regen rate, there's nothing documented on that, and initial bucket
levels .... maybe you're right, i've never done in that way.

    i'm used to use delay pools for transfer rates limiting, what delay
pools are supposed to, at least by the documentations available. Never
played with it for implementing quotas instead.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues