Re: [squid-users] Not caching a domain

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:21:32 -0800

Parvinder Bhasin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my squid config I have following setup
>
> acl nocache dstdomain .mysite.com
>
> always_direct allow nocache

always_direct is only useful if you have sibling and/or parent
relationships.

> no_cache deny nocache

no_cache was depricated with the release of Squid 2.6 and should no
longer be used.

> cache deny nocache
>

> I would like to exclude "mysite.com" from getting cached. Is this all
> I have to do?

The ACL given, along with "cache deny nocache" will prevent YOUR Squid
install from caching the site. It will not prevent browsers or OTHER
caches from archiving the content.

> How can I see if a site is getting cached or not in logs?

If...

grep mysite.com /path/to/access.log |grep HIT

...gives no output, your Squid has served no pages from mysite.com from
cache.

> Thx

Chris