Re: [squid-users] Logging both x-forwarded_for and direct client address {Scanned by HBit}

From: Paul <housey_at_sme-ecom.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:36:37 +0100

Paul wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have several remote sites running a local copy of squid that in turn
> use a parent squid.
>
> I want to improve the logging on the parent squid, at the moment each
> site has 1 real external IP address and many internal IP's e.g.
> 192.168.1.x, in the parent squid access log I see just the 1 real IP
> address for all requests as expected.
>
> Ive now configured the remote sites squid to add an X-Forward header
> and ive set
>
> follow_x_forwarded_for allow all
> acl_uses_indirect_client off
> log_uses_indirect_client on
>
> on the parent squid, the access log now shows the internal IP making
> the request i.e. 192.168.1.x
>
> However all my sites have the same 192.168.1.x range, is there any way
> to make it log both the external IP AND the internal IP e.g.
> 78.128.146.22,192.168.1.12 so I can narrow down what IP at each site
> is viewing?
>
> I dont think there is such a config but if anyone has any
> ideas/pointers on how to achieve I would be grateful.

Another thing I have just noticed is I use squidguard as a redirector on
the parent squid, its being passed the internal IP not the direct IP -
is there a way to pass squidguard the direct access IP? I only want to
log the local IP in access.log I dont want it to be used for any ACL's
or redirectors.

Paul