[squid-users] TPROXY general problems because...I just don't know...

From: hardin369 <hardin369_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 02:20:32 -0700 (PDT)

Been through lots of guides and I did manage to set up a proxy web caching
server. But when I activate it everything goes to hell. First problem I have
is that when I start it it says "unrockognized....vhost"! Ok, but my main
problem is that I have NAT device connected to computer on which proxy is
installed. I'm running ubuntu latest, squid3. NAT device is actually
security gateway for wifi network. In NAT I enter proxy address
192.168.1.99: 3128 and thats all. All settings in my squid.conf are
configured through internet guides. It is simply slow, very slow, my
computer is not fast but this is for 20 users max. So that should not be any
problem...

http_access allow localnet
http_access allow localhost
http_access allow all
acl localnet src 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.99/32
http_port 192.168.1.99:3128 transparent
(these lines up are not in this order)

Everything else is default! I want web caching server that everybody from
192.168.1.0/99 network can access. Idea is to get Internet to work faster!