Re: [squid-users] cannot update time in xp client pc connected to squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 01:53:38 +1200

dilhan wrote:

> Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:
>> dilhan wrote:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24531776/time.JPG time.JPG
>>>
>>> this is the error message when i am updating the time in xp client pc
>>> connected to my squid proxy server
>>>
>>> anyone please help me...thanks in advance
>>>
>> You have a problem with NTP time protocol on your network.
>> This has nothing to do with Squid.
>>

> thanks for the reply Amos, actually i am a newbie in linux and squid...i am
> using mandriva 2009.1 and squid 3.0 stable 14...i have some pc not connected
> to my squid with the same specs and the same version of XP OS and there is
> no problem in updating the time...i am sorry because i am very new to this
> one but i will appreciate it if you can give me more information about the
> reply that you gave recently "You have a problem with NTP time protocol on
> your network." thanks again

Squid is a piece of software used to store and downloading web pages.
This mailing list is for people having trouble with Squid and the
software that comes with it.

Mandrivia is an operating system. Not related to Squid.

NTP is a protocol for computers around the world to keep their clocks
the same. Again not related to Squid.

Your inability to set the clock on your PC, is not related to Squid.

If the tap in your bathroom was leaking would you contact the power
company about fixing it? I think not. This is not the place to ask about
NTP problems.
Try the Mandrivia support people if its the Mandrivia system clock thats
broken. Or perhapse the "XP OS" people if its the clock there that is
broken.

Amos

--
Please be using