RE: [squid-users] url_rewrite_program and the access.log

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:22:35 +1200

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:08:20 -0600, Jim Whiteacre <jwhiteacre_at_mxlogic.com>
wrote:
> When you say it is easy to add this to the re-writers, do you mean have
the
> re-writer have its own log or have it log to the access log itself?

I do.

> What I am looking for is a single log entry that contain the actual url
the
> user went to along with the byte counts for that request.

The access.log you currently have contains the URL the _user_ went to and
believes its talking to.
The URL _Squid_ goes to (sometimes) to fetch the data is the re-writer
result.

Looking for the patch I see it actually was back-ported to 2.7 mixed in
with one of Adrians huge code dumps. Just not documented there.

Amos