[squid-users] Ident and 3.1

From: <twinturbo_at_f2s.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:53:08 +0100

SQ 3.1.0.7

We are running a new squid box to replace our 2.6 box. It all works fine except
it does seem to be requesting IDENT,

I have tried recompiling with "enable-ident-lookups" but this seems to have made
no difference.

I have tried

acl_ident_aware_hosts src 10.106.88.0/21
ident_lookup_access allow ident_aware_hosts
ident_lookup_access deny all

( nothing seems to be blocked even if there is no ident returned?? )

also tried

ident_lookup on ( causes a config error )

and

acl validuser ident REQUIRED
http_access allow valideuser

Nothign seesm to work I just get a DASH where the user name should be.

I have tested the ident server response via telnet and it responds with the
correct information.

SO

in order to log the ident user name, and prevent access from and request without
a username.... What should I be doing in SQ3.1 as it works fine on 2.6.

Cheers

Rob