Re: [squid-users] Forcing a local subnet to go direct?

From: JOREar <JORear_at_MSN.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:34:57 -0700 (PDT)

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:26:04 -0700 (PDT), JOREar <JORear_at_MSN.com> wrote:
>> I was actually able to accomplish this much easier than I thought. I was
>> just
>> not getting the syntax correct.
>>
>> acl local-network dst 10.50.0.0/16, 10.45.0.0/16
>
> NP: no comma in the squid.conf syntax for dst.
>
>> always_direct allow local-network
>>
>> Thanks all for your help.
>
> If preventing the local network from ever using any of your configured
> proxy peers fixes it, what was the problem?
>
> Amos

The problem is that a new proxy server (not a squid proxy) has problems with
some internal applications. When outside hosts on spoke VLANs connect to
their squid proxy, it forwards the request to a central proxy cache. In
order to make the web applications work properly, the requests for these
applications need to go directly to the servers hosting them instead of
through the corporate proxy server.