Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy to upstream authenticating proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:40:47 +0200

fre 2009-07-24 klockan 17:29 +0200 skrev Vosloo, Jaco:
> I need to configure a transparent proxy to an upstream authenticating
> proxy and I believe that Squid should be able to do this. I've been
> searching the net for months now and would really appreciate any advice
> or pointers.

interception and authentication is mutually exclusive.

> 2. The FAQ says authentication can not be run on a transparent proxy,
> this is acceptable because I do not want to authenticate on the
> transparent proxy, I want the transparent proxy to let the user
> authenticate to the upstream proxy.

Does not matter. What matters is that the browser isn't configured for
using a proxy so it does not accept that the requested web server (as
far as the browser knows, it's talking to the IP of the requested web
server) suddenly requests proxy authentication.