Re: [squid-users] Caching Pandora

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 21:55:31 +0200

lör 2009-07-25 klockan 12:05 -0600 skrev Brett Glass:
> One of the largest consumers of our HTTP bandwidth is Pandora, the
> free music service. Unfortunately, Pandora marks its streams as
> non-cacheable and also puts question marks in the URLs, which is a
> huge waste of bandwidth. How can this be overridden?

The questionmark can be ignored. See the "cache" directive. But if there
is other parameters behind there (normally not logged) that just may not
help..

Regarding non-cacheable.. most crap can be overridden by
refresh_pattern.

But, if it's a streaming service (I know nothing about Pandora) then you
are quite likely out of luck.