RE: [squid-users] Transparent proxy to upstream authenticating proxy

From: Vosloo, Jaco <JVosloo_at_wesbank.co.za>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:46:43 +0200

From: Amos Jeffries
>I haven't tried it but this should work:
>cache_peer with 0 as ICP port and no-query no-netdb-exchange no-digest
>options.
>For the auth it should work with login=PROXYPASS option (NP: thats the
>_exact_ string "login=PROXYPASS").

Yeeha, that made a big difference, thanks!
It works perfectly when running 2.7 Stable6 on Windows with IE6 on the
same computer.

The following attempts give me the standard BC access denied page with
the option to reset my password, ie. I know I'm getting the error from
BC.
        IE6 from a remote computer
        Firefox from the local or remote computer
        Any combination of browser with Squid running on Solaris

I have not installed tproxy yet, is that the probable cause for this?
I'll first try install it on Windows, then solaris.

Sor archive purposes my config look like this(on 1 line):
cache_peer proxy.url parent 8080 0 default no-query
no-netdb-exchange no-digest login=PROXYPASS

Note:
It does not make a difference if I use login=PROXYPASS or login=PASS.
I set my proxy to point to the squid server and must set "default" in
the cache_peer otherwise it won't work.

Regards
Jaco Vosloo
To read WesBank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.wesbank.co.za/WesBankCoZa/about/legal/emaildisclaimer.jspx

emaildisclaimer_at_wesbank.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.