[squid-users] Acls that block by ip address and dhcp addresses

From: Dylan Palmboom <dpalmboom_at_evafoam.co.za>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:52:26 +0200

Hi

I have searched all over for an answer to this but could not find
anything...

Please could someone explain to me what the best practice is when it comes
blocking ip addresses in a dhcp environment. If I block an ip address with
eg.

acl BlockedHost src 192.168.1.15
http_access deny BlockedHost

What happens one day when the ip address changes to eg. 192.168.1.18?
Will the user with the original ip adddress no longer be blocked?
Please let me know what other people usually do in this situation. It would
help a lot.

Thanks

Regards
Dylan