Re: [squid-users] HTTP/1.1

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:38:45 +1200

Chris Boczko wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Im struggling with HTTP/1.1 based websites through my squid proxy (2.5 on debian, built from source, config below) is there any way I can simply forward 1.1 based http requests without squid "touching" them, and changing them to http/1.0. As the sites i am trying to access will not respond on http/1.0 correctly.

No. Squid is still a 1.0 client. 2.5 is particularly ancient and I'd
hate to think what level of HTTP/1.1 feature it is capable of. Even 2.6
and 3.0 scrape to reach 50% capable.

2.7 and 3.1 have a lot more HTTP/1.1 support, somewhere in the 60%+ now.
You need to upgrade.

Even that may not fully support your problem, but it will be a lot
easier to get someone to add the extra bit of work needed on those
versions. Preferably 3.x, then everyone can benefit long-term.

Good news is that I've done a lot of work with Guido to make Squid 3.1+
easy to build on Debian.
Sad news is that 2.7 is most stable release with highest HTTP/1.1
capabilities. (still waiting on 3.1 to get bug-free and be 1.1 tested).

> Squid is currently running in forward proxy mode, with users using IE as a browser, with the proxy settings defined there.
>
> Squid -v
>
> Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE14
> configure options: --enable-ntlm-auth-helpers=winbind,SMB --enable-external-acl-helpers=unix_group,wbinfo_group --enable-auth=ntlm,basic --with-winbind-auth-challenge --enable-basic-auth-helpers=winbind
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

Blind guess but are the websites requiring NTLM or Kerberos
authentication? That is available 3.1+ an 2.6+.

If they need Transfer-Encoding for chunks that is now available in all
of the current versions. Request chunks only in 3.0/3.1

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.12