[squid-users] how much RAM for squid proxy

From: qwertyjjj <webster_jack_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:14:07 -0700 (PDT)

How much RAM would be required to run Squid Proxy for a number of users?
I realise there is no exact answer but a rough guide?
For example, I have a linux proxy server with 100Mbit mainly retransmitting
and caching running video (I assume about 512kbps).
I'm guessing this could support up to 100 users or so but would 1GB RAM be
enough?
Server would be something like:
# CPU: Athlon 3800+
# CPU Details: 2 x 2.0 GHz
# RAM: 1 GB RAM
# Hard Disks: 2 x 160 GB (RAID 1 Software