[squid-users] Transparent mode with just 1 Ethernet port ?

From: Kevin C. Connell <kevin.connell_at_millerpaint.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:48:46 -0700

Greetings,

We are running v 2.6.STABLE18 on an Ubuntu box that has (1) Ethernet port. We are successfully running Squid in non-transparent mode, and it works very well.

My first question:

Is there a compelling reason to upgrade to a newer version of Squid?

My second question:

Can I run our current version of Squid in transparent mode... with a single Ethernet port? All of the info I've seen on the web points to having (2) Ethernet ports, and the hardware I'm using is a 1U server box with just 1 Ethernet port on board. If transparent mode can be done with 1 Ethernet port, any specifics on how to do it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Kevin C.