RE: [squid-users] Writing Cookies in SQUID

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:43:18 +1200

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:44:53 -0400, "ADEBAYO, FOLUSO, ATTSI"
<fa682m_at_att.com> wrote:
> Hi Amos,
> Thanks for the response. Can you point me in the direction of an
> external ACL helper that can help me do this?

Look to the source helpers/external_acl/* or package for the helpers
available in your Squid.
The session helper emulates web browser page sessions. If that is not
enough you will need to have one written that does your operations.

There are few external ACL helpers available simply because they are custom
built to match each network topology and environment they run under. Its
going to contain your own local "business logic policy" after all. For
example, the ones I use for quota control with my accounting system won't
work for you or others etc.

Amos