[squid-users] Squid Web Cache Proxy Server and automated Page Pre Caching

From: ant2ne <tcygne_at_altonschools.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:17:15 -0700 (PDT)

I've set up 2 squid Web Cache Proxies and they are working great! I'm
preparing to move the proxie servers into production.

I'm using webmin for configuration as much as possible. And I'm using sarg
for report running.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is to tell squid to be certain that it
has up to date (checks daily) caches for given web pages. Either
automatically once a day the proxy needs to refresh the cache on those
pages, and/or refuse those pages to be over written (prioritizing) by other
pages being cached. I'm sure that squid can do this, but I'm not sure where
to begin. Or even what I'm describing is technically called. And is there a
way to configure this all through webmin?