Re: [squid-users] Does squid support multithreading ?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 15:21:21 +0800

2009/8/2 Sachin Malave <sachinmalave_at_gmail.com>:
> I have multicore processor here, I want to run squid3 on this
> platform, Does squid support multithreading ? will it improve the
> performance ?

None of the public Squid codebases currently support general
multithreading. There's some threading for IO but that is it.

The only support is some magic support for sharing the same incoming
HTTP socket between multiple, separate squid processes.

If you care about performance, Squid-2.7 is probably the best for you
at the moment from the Squid codebases..

Adrian