[squid-users] How to download files bigger than 2 GB

From: Daniele Visaggio <visaggio.daniele_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 21:06:14 +0200

Hi list,

I'm using Squid 3.0 on Ubuntu Server 8.04.3. My problem is that I can't
download files whose size is bigger than 2GB.

I know that Squid has some problems with this filesize and, in fact, I
used the no_cache directive in the squid.conf file in order to avoid the
caching of the .iso files, but the problem still remains.

My squid.conf now contains:

acl nocache url_regex .iso$ .exe$ .zip$

cache deny nocache

Moreover, the .deb squid packet I used was already pre-compiled with
the '--enable-large-files' flag (I found this with squid3 -v), so how
can I fix this?

Thank you - Kind Regards

Daniele