Re: [squid-users] howto block audio/video streaming

From: Muhammad Sharfuddin <m.sharfuddin_at_nds.com.pk>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:14:03 +0600

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 15:03 +0200, Erwann PENCREACH wrote:
> Muhammad Sharfuddin a écrit :

> >> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples
> >>

> >> Amos
> >
> > nice url, but there I did not found any thing to block audio/video
> > streaming.
> > Please help
> >
> > Regards
> > -ms
> >

> > --
> > Ce courrier électronique a été vérifié et est exempt de virus connus à ce jour.
> > Contactez votre administrateur pour plus de renseignement.
> > postmaster_at_ch-chaumont.fr
>
> Here is what I've done on my test squid conf which hasn't been validated yet
>
> acl novid rep_mime_type audio video
>
> http_reply_access deny novid
>
> --
> Ce courrier ÿlectronique a ÿtÿ vÿrifiÿ et est exempt de virus connus ÿ ce jour.
> Contactez votre administrateur pour plus de renseignement.
> postmaster_at_ch-chaumont.fr

after testing for almost 10 days, I can say that the following works
100% ;)

acl audio_video_request req_mime_type -i ^application/x-shockwave-flash$
acl audio_video_request req_mime_type -i ^video/x-ms-asf$
acl audio_video_request req_mime_type -i
^application/vnd.ms.wms-hdr.asfv1$
acl audio_video_request req_mime_type -i ^application/x-mms-framed$
acl audio_video_request req_mime_type -i ^audio/x-pn-realaudio$

acl audio_video_reply rep_mime_type -i ^application/x-shockwave-flash$
acl audio_video_reply rep_mime_type -i ^video/x-ms-asf$
acl audio_video_reply rep_mime_type -i ^application/vnd.ms.wms-hdr.asfv1
$
acl audio_video_reply rep_mime_type -i ^application/x-mms-framed$
acl audio_video_reply rep_mime_type -i ^audio/x-pn-realaudio$

http_access deny audio_video_request
http_reply_access deny audio_video_reply

Thanks
Regards
-ms