[squid-users] End-to-end reload?

From: Ric <lists_at_dvgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 07:58:55 -0700

I've recently been made aware that Apache supports something called
"end-to-end reload" (apparently documented in http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.9.4)
.

I'm curious if Squid exhibits similar behavior.

The way the Apache developers appear to interpret this spec, a
*request* containing a "Cache-Control: no-cache" header will
essentially "purge" the Apache's cache during a forced reload request
to the backend. Previously I had assumed that a client-initiated
forced reload would just bypass any proxy caches without touching the
cached entries themselves, except for the client's cache. Is this not
the way Squid behaves?

Ric