Re: [squid-users] Howto run Internet Explorer without proxy setting in Internet Options

From: Andrej van der Zee <>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 14:46:03 +0200

Thanks for your email.

Actually I was looking for a way NOT to configure my browser through a
proxy, but somehow doing this on a lower level. The problem is that
Internet Explorer sends an HTTP header "Proxy-Connection: Keep Alive"
along with the request. Maybe I am mistaking, but I can't see how any
of the methods in the manual can do this for me. Or am I mistaking?

Thank you,