Re: [squid-users] Blocking port 443 and let some secured site to be accessed (ie yahoo.com email)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:34:38 +1200

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:24:04 +0800, "SSCR Internet Admin"
<admin_at_sscrmnl.edu.ph> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give me a hint as to block 443 and let some other secured site
> be
> excluded from the block?

Depends on what you want to block there...

I assume that you actually mean you want to block HTTPS traffic except to
some certain sites.

Squid default controls have ACLs called SSL_ports and CONNECT. With this
configuration line:
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

To restrict further and only allow certain websites to use port 443/HTTPS
create an ACL listing their domain names and change the access lien like so

acl httpSites dstdomain .example.com
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports !httpsSites

Amos