Re: [squid-users] Squid - Not replace source IP address

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:27:49 +0200

On 04.08.09 17:24, casket88 wrote:
> The useage of the word "transparent" is in reference to the users, it is
> transparent to them. Transparent is a good word, I think I'll use it more.

Transparent is a good word but it means something completely different:

  A "transparent proxy" is a proxy that does not modify the request or
  response beyond what is required for proxy authentication and
  identification.

This is a citation from RFC2616 which defines the HTTP protocol. Since we
are talking about HTTP protocol, we should use words as they are defined
there, otherwise it could lead to misunderstandings.

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.