Re: [squid-users] various squid instances on same server

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:07:39 +1200

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:20:04 -0500, "Enrique" <enrique_at_banmet.cu> wrote:
> i can install various squid instances on same server?

NP: The word order in English "i can" indicates something _is_ possible,
with a side implication that it has already been proven so by doing it.
You meant to say "can i", which means uncertain possibility, and is used to
start questions. HTH.

> for example: i wnat to some users one squid response by someip:8080
port
> and external ip A
> ACL, directives etc...
> Other squid response to users otherip:3128 and external ip B
> somes times happen when some users is downloading a file from
megaupload,

The answer is yes. It is possible to run multiple squid on the same
machine.

However the first part of your example case does not need it to be done.
Only that squid be configured with multiple http_port lines and some myport
ACL which use tcp_outgoing_addr based on the receiving http_port.

> rapidshare ... i can't not
> now i can configure somes ip addres to my squid proxy and downloading
> files
> from thas sites them megaupload will see other ip

The example sites still won't work well with either setup. To bypass the
rapidshare security with a proxy you are best off with the tproxy feature.
Which uses the client IP address on outbound links to the server.

Amos