Re: [squid-users] prevent exe downloads from https sites

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:17:56 +0200

Werner Müller schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I want to prevent downloads with extension .exe. Here the lines in my
> squid.conf file for windows squid version 2.6:
> acl downloads url_regex -i \.exe$
> http_access deny downloads
> Now I can prevent exe-downloads from http-Sites. But it is not working
> for https-Sites.
> How can I adjust my config.conf?

You can't. squid is a http proxy, not a https interceptor (which would
need intermediate certificates etc pp)
The only thing squid sees of a https connection is the initial https
connect.
In my view you have two options:
- limit https connections to known and needed addresses
(which makes a lot of sense as via a https connection anything could be
transported in both directions and you can't see it)
- use a (commercial) product that intercepts https

Regards,
Jakob Curdes