Re: [squid-users] can't access javascript enable website

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:02:21 +1200

Jon Tim wrote:
> Hi Squid Support,
>
> I'm using squid squid-2.6.STABLE22-1.fc8 from Fedora 8.
> I can use squid and SquidGuard without having any
> problems.
>
> But, today, one of the user complaints that she can't
> browse http://www.sdf.gov.sg website. I try without using
> squid proxty and it works OK.
>
> I look into more about this website and fond in <script
> language = "javascript1.2"> in header of the page. I
> think it's because of this.
>
> I have enable acl javascript rep_mime_type -i
> ^application/x-javascript$ and still dones't work yet.
>
> Appreciate any expert's help.

If that is the problem then its probably a browser issue. Squid does not
itself care in any way what the content of pages contains. Any problem
running javascript is to do with a) the script code being bad, or b) the
browser not having the right plugin to run it.

With mime type you probably want to remove the ^ and $ from the regex
these days. HTTP has ';q=NNN' attached sometimes now.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13