Re: [squid-users] Terminal Server Users

From: Angela Williams <angie_at_eoh.co.za>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:08:50 +0200

Hi!
On Thursday 13 August 2009, 9 denis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am pretty new to Squid.  I am using Webmin to configure Squid.
>
> We have Microsoft Windows 2003 Terminal Server on which 50 users login
> with their Active Directory ID.  I have configured Proxy settings for
> all the users using Internet.
> Now, we want to block certain websites for only some of the users, how
> can I do it?

For a start you must setup squid to authenticate the users. If you do not you
will not be able to differentiate them as they will all appear to come from
the Terminal Server's IP address. How you chose to do the authentication is
up to you!
You might also want to add squidguard in as well to give a bit more control!
Visit the squid wiki as there is lots of info!

Cheers
Ang

--
Angela Williams				Enterprise Outsourcing
Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here!		Bedfordview