Re: [squid-users] When user removed from password file ncsa_auth, they are not reauthenticated

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 15:47:06 +1200

J Webster wrote:
> Does auth_param basic credentials_ttl have to be set in conjunction with
> authenticate_cache_garbage_interval?
> The help files don't make it clear and they seem to both do the same
> thing. ?confused?

TTL sets a maximum time the credentials are valid.

Garbage interval sets a minimum on how often they are checked. Every
garbage interval credentials which have already passed their TTL are
simply discarded.

Before garbage is run some credentials may be stored but not valid well
past the TTL if they are not used. This is not a problem other than some
minimal waste of memory until something causes them to be thrown out.
Their next use will check the TTL and discard/replace as needed.

What you need is the smallest TTL reasonable given the churn in your
users. This will set the maximum period after being blocked when users
might still have access by username.

Amos

--
Please be using