[squid-users] Squid proxy server -->SSH TUNNEL --> Squid SSL reverse proxy server: How TO?

From: fulan Peng <fulanpeng_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:43:56 -0400

Hi, Squid users!

I know how to set up Squid proxy server and SSH tunnel for another
computer which has access to the Squid server. After that, I have to
set up my browser in proxy mode. I do not want this. I do not want to
set up my browser. I want to access some specific site as normal, say,
https://localhost:4443? to one site and https://localhost:4444 to
another site. Can you help me do that? Or Squid just cannot do it.

You may say, why do not make a Squid SSL reverse proxy Server <-->
Another Squid SSL reverse proxy server. But as I know, Squid cannot do
this. If you know how to do this, please let me know. I want to get
rid of SSH if I could.

I have setup a j2eb proxy server to proxy a Squid SSL reverse proxy.
But it is extremely slow. When I change to tomcat native library to
speed up SSL encryption, it is broken. It is hard coded for Tomcat
keystore way. When change to cert.pem and key.pem way, it is broken.

Thanks a lot!